Supporting you to find your path forward.
An injury can be suffered by several various causes. When you are injured through the fault of someone else you are often entitled to obtain compensation from the person, business or institution causing the injury. Fault can arise through accidental causes (negligence) or intentional acts (assault). If you have suffered an injury via a slip and fall or have otherwise been injured through the actions of another, we can help!
Things You Should Know
If you or someone you care about has been injured in an accident, here are a few important things you should know:
- The insurance adjuster assigned to your case does not work for you; they work for the insurance company and their goal is for the insurance company to pay as little as possible. Your personal injury lawyer – us – works for you;
- We strongly suggest obtaining a lawyer early – it does not cost any more in legal fees to do so. This is in part so you can avoid disclosing any unnecessary information to the insurance company, information that may be used against you. Lawyers want to ensure only the information which is relevant to the case and properly disclosable goes to the insurance company. It is often advantageous to get proper medical care and treatment early on. We are very familiar with the treatment resources available to you and adept at getting treatment funded. Much of the evidence surrounding liability or even the extent of the impact may become more difficult or impossible to obtain over time.
- We encourage you to consult with us before resolving any claim with the insurance company because there may be complications arising from an injury which may not have been considered. Insurance companies like to resolve claims as fast as possible and without the injured party having the benefit of legal representation. This may lead to the injured party receiving inadequate compensation.
- When you work with us on a personal injury case, you do not pay any fees upfront. We act for injured persons on a percentage of recovery basis. In most cases, we are willing to use our firm’s credit facilities to finance the cost of disbursements necessary to fight for your claim.
- There are time limits in which certain actions must be taken. The insurance adjuster is not under any obligation to advise you of these.